At Roscommon Community College we want to ensure a smooth transition into the new school year for each and every student. We appreciate that change can be difficult but we are available to support the transition. I am delighted to welcome you and your child to the new school year and as your Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator, I am pleased to offer you support.
During your child’s time in Roscommon Community College, I am available to assist you in any way appropriate to my role on the Pastoral Care Team in the following areas:
· Supporting the transition from primary to post-primary school.
· Monitoring attendance at school.
· Offering my time to meet with parents to discuss concerns.
· Offering support to families when a child becomes ill.
· Promotion of Literacy and Numeracy in the school.
· Liaising between the home and school to maximise your child’s potential to achieve.
· Working with parents to prepare and support them as a resource to their own children and also to other parents and the wider school community.
· Liaising with outside services with the objective of supporting families.
· Providing classes and information sessions for parents.
Please bear in mind that discipline issues are dealt with in the office as usual.
I look forward to working with you,
Siobhan Cullen, Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator (087-609 2854)
Roscommon Community College
Click on: September Parent Letter
Upcoming Courses of interest to parents in Carrick on Shannon Education Centre
16-11-2017 7:00 pm
23-11-2017 7:00 pm
30-11-2017 7:00 pm
07-12-2017 7:00 pm
Upcoming Courses in Vita House, Roscommon
September to December
Upcoming Workshops & Events – September to December