Metalwork is one of the technology subjects offered at junior cycle. It is an activity-based course focusing on metal, how to work with it and how to assemble different parts. Other materials such as plastics and wood are also investigated and used in project work. You will be working with basic electronic components too.
What will I learn in Metalwork?
- How to read and follow a technical drawing
- Skills in shaping, cutting and joining materials
- How to use a wide variety of tools and machines correctly and safely
- The properties of different metals and how they are made
- The importance of metal in our everyday lives
Sample drawing of junior cert practical project and the manufactured project.
2016 Metalwork Projects