Transition Year Students will learn the basics of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). HTML is the building block for web pages.
Students will learn to use HTML to author a HTML page to display in a web browser
- To build a basic knowledge of computer coding and programming and develop an interest in this area.
- To develop the basic skills in HTML coding.
- Develop problem solving skills using different programming platforms.
- To allow students the opportunity to take part in projects such as Google’s Call to code Competition.
- To develop student interest and expertise in the area of Computer Science and programming.
- To foster students’ skills in independent learning, communication and teamwork.
At the end of the module the student will:
- Have a good understanding of how the internet works and the science behind it.
- Be able to create a basic web page using HTML code.
- Be able solve various problems using their programming skills.
- Have a basic understanding of some of the most common programming languages and platforms such as Java, HTML, CSS.
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Transition Year Students will prepare for and take the Microsoft Specialist exam. This exam will certify that students are proficient in using Microsoft Word. Students will work on various practice tests in class in order to develop their knowledge and skills of various aspects of Microsoft Word.
A Microsoft Certification is an industry standard which is recognized worldwide and which can help open doors to potential job opportunities.
To find out more about Microsoft Office Specialist Certification click here