Evening Study Programme
Monday – Thursday: 4:00 – 5:45
Friday: 1:50 – 3:50
The aim of the Evening Study Programme is to provide students with a safe, quiet and warm environment to study after school. To ensure that this environment is maintained the following regulations need to be adhered to by the school, parents/guardians and the registered student.
1. Parents will contact school, preferably through a note in the registered students’ homework journal if the registered student cannot attend evening study. This note must be presented to the Evening Study Co-Ordinator/Deputy Principal no later than 1:45 pm.
2. The Evening Study Co-Ordinator will contact parents or guardians by text if a student is not present at evening study. Where a text has been sent to the parent, the registered student is required to furnish the Evening Study Co-Ordinator/ Deputy Principal with a note from the parent/guardian outlining the reason for absence from evening study the previous evening.
3. Students are allowed a ten minute break half way through study but must remain in the school building. It is students’ responsibility to return to the study hall on time, with their required materials. Students will not be permitted into the study hall after commencement. Required materials/toilet breaks are to be taken before or during the allocated breaks to avoid disruption.
4. Students and staff must maintain a quiet environment for students. Any disruption, breach of school rules or disrespect for students or staff will be noted on the students Discipline Sheet/VSware system and school disciplinary procedures applied. Therefore, detention/ suspension may apply.
5. Use of mobile phones/iPods/electronic equipment (unless Dept. of Education authorised) are not permitted during study.
6. Students deemed to be unsuitable for the Evening Study Programme because of behavioural problems will be removed from the programme. Fees are non-refundable.